where i tell you everything you need to know before, during, and after your session.
Planning for your shoot:
COUPLES & ENGAGEMENT SESSIONS:
picking out the outfits
Avoid any bright neon colours Avoid any large logos Avoid loud clashing patterns Dress for the weather and/or situation. If we are shooting at the lake, maybe don’t wear a ball gown unless we have discussed it! If it is winter, please wear something that you will be comfortable in - doesn’t have to be a parka, but at least wear some layers/appropriate and stylish clothing for the cold. Women be mindful of bra straps, underwear lines, etc Textured clothing looks great on camera - think a knit sweater Be aware of wrinkles in your clothing - try to steam or press them before coming to your session - don’t wear session clothes if travelling to session - this will help to avoid wrinkles
Make sure to match formality so that one couple doesn't end up showing up in a suit and the other in jeans and a t-shirt.
Pick a colour palette - warm neutrals, cool neutrals, and so on.
Avoid matching and rather try to look cohesive!
picking out the outfits -
HAIR & MAKEUP:
- If you have hired your hair and/or makeup artist for your wedding, they typically will want to have a trial ( see if you can book your trial on the day of your engagement shoot).
- Don’t try something new with hair & makeup - stick to what you are most comfortable with!
- MEN: if you are shaving your beard, please shave at least 24 hours before your session so you don’t have red irritated skin. It also always looks nice if men have a fresh haircut, but if not, that’s not a big deal!
- If we have discussed any props, please bring them to the shoot.
- If there is anything that is super important to you, such as Great grandma's ring, or anything else that you want included in the shoot, let me know so I can remember to focus on that aspect!
PICKING THE LOCATION:
This is something that you and I will discuss and decide on. If we have not decided on a location yet, envision what ‘feel’ you want your photos to have. I also always suggest that we do something that is true to you as a family or as a couple - if you love the field behind your house and spend time hanging out there - lets shoot there!
All you really need to worry about here is showing up & it is my job to do the rest!
I know that getting photos taken can be hella uncomfortable, but it is my job to make you feel comfortable.
Honestly, my biggest tip is to just have fun!
If you are bringing two different outfits to your session - remind me at the start of your session so I don't forget you need to change halfway through!
During your shoot:
THIS IS WHERe YOU CAN SIT BACK, RELAX, AND LET ME TAKE THE WHEEL
After your shoot:
what to expect when your session is done
I will send you your completed gallery within one months time.
If you need the photos for anything specific, such as invitations, by a specific date let me know ahead of time!
Once you receive your gallery back, you will be able to shop prints & products. You can totally customize your prints & products, or I can create a photo book or album for you!
You can also share the gallery link with family & friends if you would like and they can also shop as well!
And last but not least I would LOVE if you could leave me a review on my Google business page as this helps other potential clients find me & book with me!